Location:West LA – Hybrid
Overview:Pacific Executive Search has been engaged on a search for an Assistant Controller. In this role, you will have the opportunity to oversee and manage all financial management and accounting operations of the company, ensuring accuracy and efficiency. You will have the chance to collaborate with a third-party fund administrator and a CPA firm, gaining valuable experience in compliance and tax strategies. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to develop and streamline reporting processes, strengthening internal controls and contributing to the smooth daily operations of the company. With a competitive base salary and discretionary bonus, this position offers a rewarding compensation package.
– Oversee and manage all financial management and accounting operations of the company, including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, and Revenue Recognition, ensuring accuracy of work.
– Direct and coordinate the preparation of the budget, proformas, and financial forecasts, reporting variances and trends.
– Prepare and publish timely monthly and quarterly financial statements.
– Coordinate the preparation of regulatory and investor reporting.
– Collaborate with a third-party fund administrator to ensure compliance with the Limited Partnership Agreement.
– Work with the CFO, Controller, and third-party CPA firm to ensure correct filing of tax returns and implementation of tax strategies.
– Create, upgrade, and streamline reporting processes.
– Conduct research on technical accounting issues to ensure compliance.
– Support the month-end and year-end close process.
– Ensure quality control over financial transactions and reporting.
– Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
– Monitor and manage cash flow and banking needs.
– Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to strengthen internal controls.
– Collaborate with the CFO to ensure smooth daily operations.
– Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance required.
– CPA preferred.
– Advanced degree in accounting is a plus.
– 5+ years of combined accounting and finance experience, including experience in an Assistant Controller role.
– Experience in private equity real estate, construction, and/or development.
– Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
– Experience in creating financial statements and preparing tax returns.
– Proficiency in general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
– Excellent skills in accounting software usage and administration.
– Proficient in Excel/Microsoft Office.
– Knowledge of Yardi is a plus.
– Demonstrates a high degree of ownership, hands-on approach, and clear communication.
– High level of integrity, dependability, and a strong sense of urgency in delivering results.
– Self-reliant, problem solver, and results-oriented.
– Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive, with the ability to positively impact strategic and tactical finance and administrative initiatives.
Compensation: Base salary and a discretionary bonus.