Location:West LA – Hybrid
Overview:Pacific Executive Search has been engaged on a search for a Controller. The Controller will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and growing real estate investment management company with a portfolio valued over $1.5 billion. They will be responsible for overseeing the monthly financial reporting process, strengthening internal controls, and managing the accounting department's priorities and strategic initiatives. With a strong understanding of business and accounting principles, this role will allow the Controller to showcase their consolidation and analytical experience while working on special projects related to budgets, audits, and investor requirements. Individuals who join the team will have the chance to make a significant impact in the real estate industry.
– Possess a strong understanding of business and accounting principles (US GAAP & IFRS) including consolidation reporting/elimination entries.
– Coordinate the monthly financial reporting process and meet deadlines.
– Maintain accounting department priorities and strategic initiatives.
– Prepare the monthly close, including consolidation entries, income allocation and distribution waterfall calculations, and IFRS and GAAP financial statements.
– Strengthen internal controls over financial reporting.
– Review and manage general ledger activity for partnership level entities, ensuring appropriate accounting treatment.
– Prepare and analyze monthly and quarterly investor reports, including analyses and narratives.
– Manage new acquisition onboarding, including reviewing opening entries.
– Oversee annual budgets with consolidation and tie out.
– Oversee calculation of property performance and promote allocations (waterfalls).
– Assist with special projects related to monthly close reporting process, budgets, internal audit, external audit, investor, and lender requirements.
– Bachelor's Degree required in Accounting/Finance.
– 5+ years of experience in public accounting.
– 3+ years of experience in commercial accounting or Private Equity.
– CPA required.
– Proficient with Yardi software a plus.
– Proficient in Microsoft software.
– Excellent Excel skills, including building models, templates, and macros/pivot tables.
– Strong consolidation and analytical experience.
– Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities, and meet deadlines without sacrificing accuracy.
– Strong ability to perform numerical and financial calculations.
– Dependable, positive attitude, proactive, and collaborative.
– Exercise a high degree of independent judgement, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
– Able to exchange ideas, information, and opinions with others to formulate policies and standardize procedures across company regions.
– Ability to maintain confidentiality.
– Strong partnership and in-depth understanding of the customer's business and current issues.
– Interact with employees, visitors, and partners with poise and diplomacy.