Location: East LA – Hybrid
Overview: Pacific Executive Search has been engaged on a search for a Controller in East LA within the Construction industry. This role offers the opportunity to oversee all aspects of financial management, including accounting, reporting, analysis, and internal control policies. The candidate will have the chance to work on projects that require hands-on involvement and be part of a company that has been a leading manufacturer’s representative of HVAC products in Southern California since 1933.
– Oversee all aspects of accounting, billing, financial statements, general ledger, cost accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, tax compliance, inventory accounting, revenue recognition.
– Prepare timely month-end financial statements and provide necessary information to outsourced CPA for reviewed year-end financial statements.
– Monitor daily cash flow and debt levels, ensuring compliance with debt covenants.
– Manage and ensure compliance with local, state, and federal financial laws, tax filings, and reporting.
– Manage outsourced services such as insurance, tax accounting, banking relationship, and other administrative necessities. – Maintain the chart of accounts and an organized accounting filing system.
– Develop and enforce internal controls to protect company assets, policies, procedures, and workflows.
– Oversee accounts receivable department, including customer interaction, order approval, and actions to protect company’s accounts receivables. Qualifications:
– Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. – 5-7 years of related experience.
– Proficient in computer skills, including ERP systems and Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Epicor P21 system is a plus. – Strong written, verbal, and collaboration skills.
– Knowledge of the construction industry is beneficial.
– Familiarity with GAAP.
– Hybrid work environment is possible.
– Experience with Epicor is a plus.