Title: Corporate Accounting Manager
Industry: Real Estate
Location: West LA – Hybrid
Overview: Pacific Executive Search has been engaged on a search for a Corporate Accounting Manager in West LA. This exciting opportunity with a top-performing, vertically integrated real estate investment manager specializing in acquiring and managing office space in multiple markets in the U.S. offers the chance to work with Class A multi-tenant office properties in vibrant local economies. The candidate will have the opportunity to support the firm's needs in corporate accounting, financial, and investor reporting, while also working closely with property accounting and operations to ensure accuracy and integrity of financial results.
– Possess a strong understanding of business and accounting principles (US GAAP & IFRS), including consolidation reporting/elimination entries.
– Coordinate the monthly financial reporting process and meet deadlines.
– Maintain accounting department priorities and strategic initiatives.
– Prepare the monthly close, including consolidation entries, income allocation and distribution waterfall calculations, and IFRS and GAAP financial statements.
– Maintain and enhance internal controls over financial reporting.
– Review and manage general ledger activity for partnership-level entities. Ensure appropriate accounting treatment for all significant transactions.
– Prepare and analyze monthly and quarterly investor reports, including analyses and narratives.
– Manage onboarding for new acquisitions, including reviewing opening entries.
– Oversee annual budgets with consolidation and tie-out.
– Oversee calculation of property performance and promote allocations (waterfalls).
– Assist with special projects related to the monthly close reporting process, budgets, internal audit, external audit, and investor and lender requirements.
– Minimum of two years of experience in public accounting or three years of industry experience.
– Bachelor's Degree in accounting or a similar field.
– CPA certification.
– Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) with a solid understanding of cash and accrual accounting.
– Experience working with complex partnerships and legal structures.
– Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and collaborate effectively within teams.
– Detail-oriented and deadline-driven.
– Management experience.
– Prior knowledge of property accounting.
– Desired experience in public accounting and commercial real estate.
– Familiarity with Yardi software.