Title:Fund Accounting Manager
Location:West LA – Hybrid
Overview:Pacific Executive Search has been engaged on a search for a Fund Accounting Manager. This role offers a unique opportunity to work with a prestigious real estate investment management company with a portfolio valued over $1.5 billion. As the Fund Accounting Manager, you will have the chance to collaborate with top-tier administrators and prime brokers, ensuring accurate financial reporting and compliance with regulatory requirements. With the chance to lead financials, audits, and special projects, this role provides a platform for professional growth and the opportunity to make a significant impact in the organization.
– Prepare and reconcile fund shadow books for private equity real estate fund or hedge fund.
– Collaborate with Administrator and prime brokers to process trade files.
– Review daily cash and position reconciliations prepared by Administrator and assist with resolving trade breaks.
– Create accrual schedules for monthly closings.
– Conduct monthly portfolio valuations.
– Prepare monthly net asset value package with supporting documentation.
– Review monthly net asset value package prepared by Administrator.
– Calculate management fees and process invoices from third-party vendors.
– Generate monthly performance estimates and final performance numbers for distribution to investors.
– Prepare monthly investor allocations schedules and review Administrator's investor allocation schedules.
– Create monthly exposure and performance reports.
– Provide fund tax estimates and assist with tax planning.
– Review K-1 schedules and tax adjustments and allocations prepared by outside tax professionals.
– Assist in annual audits and financial statement preparation.
– Review and improve processes and controls.
– Prepare information for due diligence requests.
– Develop budgets and cash flow forecasts.
– Prepare investment adviser expense reports, including managing credit card expenses.
– Manage vendors, including IT support and other infrastructure needs.
– Supervise and manage the work of staff.
– Demonstrate a strong understanding of business and accounting principles, including consolidation reporting/elimination entries and fund accounting.
– Lead monthly, quarterly, and annual financials, fund and property accounting, and audits of the funds.
– Maintain general ledger for various funds and investment entities.
– Engage in financial planning through financial modeling, analysis, and support of key initiatives.
– Monitor the financial performance of the funds and investigate budget variances.
– Respond to financial-related inquiries from lenders, investors, and other stakeholders.
– Collaborate with internal departments to ensure accurate communications and presentation materials.
– Prepare financial data for executive management and board presentations.
– Execute special projects and ad hoc analyses as required.
– Coordinate and oversee property sale entries, prorations, and work with buyer accountants post-sale.
– Assist with special projects related to monthly close reporting process, budgets, internal audit, external audit, investor, and lender requirements.
– Ensure fund compliance in accordance with relevant regulatory requirements.
– Perform other duties related to manager and finance functions.
– CPA certification.
– Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
– 3+ years of experience in public accounting.
– 5+ years of work experience in commercial accounting or Private Equity.
– Experience with Yardi software is highly desirable.
– Proficient in MS suite.
– Strong Excel skills, including creating models, templates, and using macros/pivot tables.
– Ability to learn employer-specific web-based software/programs.