JOB DESCRIPTION: Manager, Accounts Payable
We are a global leader in the sporting goods industry, specializing in the design, development, manufacturing and distribution of branded and licensed sports equipment and accessories. Here you’ll find a unique culture comprised of entrepreneurs and innovators, creators and builders, who have an innate passion to win in every category in which we play and Enjoy the Journey along the way.
We are seeking a highly motivated Manager, Accounts Payable to join our team. In this role, you will guide and direct the daily operations of our Accounts Payable department overseeing a wide range of responsibilities while developing and implementing process improvements and leading and mentoring a team.
What You’ll Do
• Obtain and review completed vendor setup packages, set-up new vendors and maintain vendor records. • Responsible for full accounts payable process which includes printing, researching, and following up on missing support, properly code and timely process employee reimbursements, vendor, factory, and intercompany invoices.
• Process payments and send out payment remittance information.
• Prepare/review month-end close process, including monthly accruals, account analysis, reconciliations and various audit schedules.
• Manage vendor relationships, reconciling account activity, timely processing of invoices, payment batches, and responding to inquiries.
• Properly maintain prepaids, fixed assets, and vendor accrual schedules.
• Responsible for annual reporting requirements such as 1099s and schedules for annual bank audits.
• Prepare ad-hoc reports, analytics, reconciliations, schedules and projects as needed.
• Supervise 4-6 staff, ensuring that staff understand the work that they’re doing, reviewing when appropriate
and providing guidance when necessary. • Other duties as assigned.
What to Bring
• 5 years progressive Accounts Payable experience, 1-2 years in a management role.
• Accounting or Finance degree preferred.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel (e.g. pivot tables, v-lookups), Word, Outlook.
• Excellent written, verbal communication, and organization skills.
• Outstanding follow-through skills, analytical interest and ability to exercise good judgement, learn quickly in a dynamic and time sensitive environment.
• Ability to prioritize and work independently.
• Ability to understand and follow instructions given by supervisor(s), train and maintain confidentiality.
Nice to Have
• Oracle experience.
• Foreign currency experience. • Managing multiple entities.