Title: Operations Associate
Location: West LA
Overview: Pacific Executive Search has been engaged on a search for an Operations Associate in West LA. This entry-level position at a registered investment advisor offers the opportunity to grow and take on more responsibilities. With a successful 17-year track record and a flexible mandate to invest across geographies and industries, this company provides an exciting opportunity for candidates interested in distressed credit and special situations opportunities.
– Take ownership of the daily trade workflow, from pre-execution to settlement, including verifying and recording trades and managing trade settlements and fails.
– Manage margin calls and cash movements.
– Complete the daily trade and cash reconciliation process.
– Maintain data in the order management system, including positions and security static data.
– Book asset servicing transactions in the portfolio management system.
– Work directly with trading, accounting, and risk teams to ensure accurate and timely portfolio reporting.
– Provide accurate and timely responses to adhoc queries from internal and external stakeholders.
– Maintain strong relationships with brokers, custodians, and other third-party service providers.
– Implement process improvements with a focus on automation and efficiency.
– Bachelor's Degree.
– 1-2 years of preferred experience in Hedge Fund or Fund Administration.
– Highly organized, with strong attention to detail and the ability to meet established deadlines.
– Understanding of trade flow and front-to-back operations processing, including trade confirmation, settlements, position management, and PnL generation.
– Exposure to operational processes involved in trading fixed income instruments, including bank debt, public and private debt and equity instruments, bankruptcy claims, swaps, and OTC and exchange-traded derivatives.
– Ability to work in a fast-moving, open trading floor environment, handling operational situations that can arise when markets are busy and time is critical.
– Resourcefulness, effective teamwork, and clear communication with individuals at all levels of the organization.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and a willingness to learn in-house applications and new technologies.