Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Downtown LA – Hybrid
Overview: Pacific Executive Search has been engaged on a search for a Senior Accountant in Downtown LA within the Manufacturing industry. This role offers the opportunity to join a fast-growing startup that designs thoughtful botanical solutions for the drinks and personal care spaces. The Senior Accountant will play a crucial role in handling day-to-day accounting functions, preparing financial statements, and providing detailed analysis, making it an excellent opportunity for someone looking to contribute to the success of a dynamic company in the heart of LA.
– Oversee all general ledger (GL) accounts in the corporate accounting system, NetSuite, including monthly review of the Balance Sheet to investigate and resolve variances.
– Calculate monthly revenue recognition in NetSuite.
– Reconcile monthly revenues and expenses.
– Prepare daily reconciliation of differed revenue.
– Record fixed assets by implementing and supervising a system of procedures, forms, and controls.
– Maintain the fixed asset schedule, including monthly calculation and recording of depreciation.
– Manage the month-end close process by generating relevant journal entries, reviewing anomalies, conducting P&L variance analysis, and preparing month-end accruals.
– Play a key role in the full cycle accounting process.
– Prepare and/or review Monthly, Quarterly, and Yearly Variance Analyses to explain changes in Balance Sheet accounts.
– Prepare and/or review monthly Revenue Analyses to assess performance across all Business Lines.
– Create and review monthly reporting packages, providing detailed financial insights.
– Analyze inventory discrepancies to identify causes and recommend corrective actions or enter transactions in the inventory system.
– Monitor inventory transactions within the organization, offsite warehouses, and outside operations.
– Review and manage daily reports to support inventory control teams.
– Assist in coordinating and executing the daily/weekly/quarterly cycle count program.
– Contribute to the development of appropriate inventory audits and reconciliations.
– Document, control, review, and improve departmental policies and procedures to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
– Prepare various audit schedules and oversee annual financial audits.
– Generate ad-hoc reports for the CFO and Controller as needed.
– Lead or participate in special projects as required.
– Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance.
– 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience.
– Preferred experience in public accounting.
– Knowledge of inventory and manufacturing is a plus.
– Strong technical accounting skills with an understanding of US GAAP.
– Proactive and self-directed with the ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
– Proficient in leveraging technology for efficient data gathering and analysis.
– Ability to manage deadlines and accurately process data under time constraints.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Strong interpersonal skills for collaborating with other departments, vendors, and upper management.
– Experience with ERP systems, specifically NetSuite, is a plus.
– Ability to adapt and prioritize work.
– Positive and flexible work attitude.