Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Orange County
Overview: Pacific Executive Search has been engaged on a search for a Senior Accountant in Orange County within the Hospitality industry. As a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for overseeing financial activities, maintaining accurate financial records, and ensuring compliance with accounting standards and regulations. This role offers the opportunity to work with a team of accountants and collaborate with restaurant managers to maintain the financial health of the organization. With a focus on providing outstanding services and a long-standing history in the industry, this company offers an exciting opportunity for growth and development.
– Collaborate with a team of accountants, accounts payable, and regional office managers.
– Ensure compliance with company, federal, state, and local laws and ethical business practices related to accounting operations and financial reporting.
– Maintain the general ledger, reconcile accounts, and accurately record all financial transactions.
– Prepare, deliver, and analyze weekly cash flow statement and provide recommendations to maintain and improve cash position.
– Prepare, deliver, and analyze internal financial statements using a clear and concise approach.
– Monitor and analyze restaurant expenses, food costs, and operational costs to identify areas for cost savings and efficiency improvements.
– Assist in the preparation of the annual budget for Restaurant and Real Estate/Aviation divisions.
– Oversee inventory management and valuation, including regular physical counts and reconciliations.
– Oversee compliance and execution of treasury/bank functions.
– Utilize technology to streamline accounting processes and improve efficiency.
– Assist in the preparation for annual financial audits and collaborate with auditors during the audit process.
– Conduct financial analysis and provide recommendations to enhance the financial performance of each restaurant.
– Review and approve journal entry batches, check runs, and outgoing wires.
– Perform other assigned duties.
– Minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar accounting role.
– Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics required.
– CPA certification is a plus.
– Restaurant experience is a plus.
– Experience with Restaurant 365 accounting software is required.
– Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, and 10key.
– Ability to effectively communicate with various levels of management.
– Strong accounting and financial analysis skills.
– Thorough understanding of accounting principles, financial reporting, and budgeting.
– Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
– Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
– Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
– Attention to detail and accuracy.
– Familiarity with restaurant management software and point-of-sale systems is a plus.
– Extensive experience with Restaurant 365 mods (Bank Recs, AP Capture, Asset Management, DSS).
– Ability to develop, comprehend, and implement policies and procedures.