Title: Senior Accountant
Industry: Healthcare and Social Assistance
Location: San Gabriel Valley – Hybrid
Overview: Pacific Executive Search has been engaged on a search for a Senior Accountant in the San Gabriel Valley area. This role offers the opportunity to work in the healthcare and social assistance industry, contributing to the scaling of a leading company in the field. As a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for applying accounting principles, analyzing financial information, and preparing accurate financial statements. With a hybrid work model that allows for both office and remote work, this position offers flexibility and the chance to make a significant impact in the healthcare industry.
– Ensure accurate and timely recording of cash deposits and maintain precise accounting records.
– Keep the manager informed of all relevant matters pertaining to the position.
– Prepare monthly journal entries and maintain complete transaction records.
– Reconcile bank statements and track cash on hand accurately.
– Prepare timely and accurate balance sheet account reconciliations.
– Monitor the timeliness and accuracy of capitation payments from payors.
– Process payables accurately and on time.
– Maintain a tracking system for monthly capitation revenue and incentive income.
– Prepare and update monthly IBNR calculation schedules.
– Analyze financial information and prepare financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
– Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses.
– Maintain compliance with internal control policies and procedures.
– Ensure timely completion of monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes.
– Assist in the preparation and submission of quarterly and annual reports.
– Submit financial reports to health plans on a quarterly and annual basis.
– Manage daily cash flow and optimize excess cash for maximum return.
– Support budget and forecast activities, including preparing fluxes against actual results.
– Monitor and support taxation requirements and complete Form 1099 filings.
– Prepare for financial audits and coordinate the audit process.
– Collect and analyze financial information and maintain financial databases.
– Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations and maintain integrity of financial data.
– Assist with ad-hoc procedures and tasks as requested by management.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent from an accredited university. – 3+ years of progressively responsible experience in Accounting.
– Strong quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to interpret financial data.
– High proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, including complex spreadsheet work.
– Team player with attention to detail.
– Understanding of US GAAP and experience researching technical accounting issues.
– Highly motivated individual who can work independently.
– Knowledge and experience in managed care accounting.
– Experience working in a public accounting firm.
– Experience with SOX 404.
– Knowledge of SAGE 100 accounting software.
– Knowledge of Microsoft SQL.