Title: Senior Tax Accountant
Location: San Gabriel Valley – Hybrid
Overview: Pacific Executive Search has been engaged on a search for a Senior Tax Accountant in the San Dimas with the opportunity to work with a well-established company with great benefits, excellent quality of life, and stable career progression. As a Senior Tax Accountant, you will be responsible for handling complex tax accounting, reporting, and filing obligations, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and continuously improving processes. The company provides services to municipalities and their contracts are often decades long, so there is planned, consistent growth.
– Produce accurate and thorough work product by preparing and reviewing various tax matters, including income tax provisions, regulatory disclosures, tax return filings and payments, Property Plant and Equipment tax-book computations and records, and tax projections.
– Ensure compliance with standardized processes and controls, including SOX compliance, and actively work towards continuous improvement.
– Evaluate processes to increase efficiency, accuracy, and documentation, utilizing technology tools effectively.
– Collaborate with accounting/finance and regulatory-affairs teams, external advisors, and financial-statement auditors.
– Stay updated on new tax laws and perform/review tax research for compliance and planning purposes.
– Prepare/review tax-related correspondence in a timely manner.
– Provide work product supported by well-organized documentation adhering to Tax Department policies.
– Perform other assigned duties.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or related discipline; Master’s degree in Tax preferred.
– Six years of experience in complex corporate tax and accounting work, demonstrating strong ASC 740 tax accounting skills.
– Preferred experience in rate-regulated utilities.
– Knowledge of business tax compliance, including federal and multi-state corporate income tax compliance.
– Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including advanced Excel skills, income-tax-return-preparation applications, and tax research applications.
– Preferred proficiency in tax modules in the PowerPlan suite of applications and One Source Income Tax RS.
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
– Ability to function along the full range of macro-/micro-level continuum in an integrative manner.
– Flexibility, logical thinking, accountability, and approachability in assignments, with a passion for tax discipline.
– Maintain a positive and collaborative team-building role during intense deadline time frames.
– Maintain confidentiality, trustworthiness, strong personal integrity, emotional maturity, and collaboration.
– High degree of initiative, ownership, and accountability.
– Execute tasks with discipline and urgency.
– Organized with strong attention to detail and exercise good judgment in task prioritization and shifting focus.