Financial accounting and advisory firm searching for an entry-level staff accountant to provide daily accounting functions with a focus on the cash disbursements and cash receipt cycles for various clients located throughout the country. This entry-level position is designed to start the accounting journey at the beginning and progressively increase responsibilities into full-service general ledger accounting within twelve (12) -twenty-four (24) months.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Coordinate the full cash receipts cycle, including accounts receivable billings process, approval and coding verification, and cash collections for various clients.
2. Ensure weekly check issuance is being accomplished in an accurate and timely manner.
3. Post cash receipts on a daily basis for several client operating accounts.
4. Reconcile bank activity to the general ledger on a daily basis.
5. Monitor all collections-related schedules, such as tenant aging reports, client billings and collection schedules.
6. Set up banking activity in online portals such as book transfers, ACH and Wire Transfers.
7. Responsible for various reports for management (e.g., weekly cash reporting, cash needs analysis, accounts receivable registers and aging reports, etc.).
8. Coordinate the full accounts payable cycle, including invoice/voucher processing, approval and coding verification, and cash payments for various clients.
9. Ensure all invoice registers are being fully completed and paid on time, in accordance with payment or contract terms while approvals are made in accordance with proper workflow signing authority index.
10. Provide guidance for client and fellow team members to follow established invoice payment policies.
11. Coordinate the process and submission of the annual Form 1099 documentation to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and taxpayer recipients. Research and resolve 1099 disputes as necessary
12. Responsible for various reports for management (e.g., accounts payable registers and aging reports, etc.).