A small public accounting firm located in Century City and is looking to add to their tax team.
They focus mostly on public clients in various industries and they are all ex Big-4. The position is unique in that it offers much better quality of life than you're getting at the Big-4 and a lot more exposure to various parts of the business.
It's a good mix of corporate, partnership, private companies, and all things you'd find in a Big-4.
They have a perfect PCOAB inspection rate and have never been given a deficiency by regulators.
They offer competitive salary, full benefits, and a great, tight-knit team to work with.
The Tax Manager will be responsible for providing tax consulting services and overseeing tax compliance for our diverse client base, including supervising staff. The Tax Manager will review business tax returns including consolidated returns, multi-state returns and foreign information reporting as well as individual tax work and tax planning for high net worth individuals. Candidates must be experienced in analyzing, researching and resolving tax issues. CPA certification and minimum 5 years' experience in public accounting with a national or regional CPA firm required. Ability to self-direct, effectively organize, prioritize and manage multiple engagements under tight deadlines is highly desirable. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates looking to take the next step in their career in public accounting.
• Oversee and manage, including review and preparation of income tax returns for
individuals, corporations, partnerships, estates and trusts
• Create tax plans, strategies and projections
• Research tax situations
• Research and respond to correspondence and notices from tax authorities
• Keep up to date on current tax issues and tax practices
• Communicate directly with clients on tax matters, potential risks and opportunities of
tax positions and changes in tax policy
• Build client relationships, marketing, networking and business development
• Identify opportunities in new and existing clients.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 5-8 years of experience in Tax Accounting
• Degree in Accounting or graduate degree in Accounting
• California CPA certification required
• Minimum 5-years' experience with national or regional CPA firm
• Book of business is desired, but not required