Title: Utility Plant Accountant
Location: San Gabriel Valley – Hybrid
Overview: Pacific Executive Search has been engaged on a search for a Utility Plant Accountant in the San Gabriel Valley. This role offers the opportunity to work in the Utilities industry, supporting the financial operations of a well-established company. With a focus on fixed assets and property accounting, this position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or a related discipline, along with two to five years of accounting experience.
– Responsible for setting up work orders for capital projects, including annual budget setup and periodic budget transfers as needed.
– Process monthly refunds for Main Extension Contracts, ensuring accuracy and assigning tasks.
– Prepare and record billing for special water rights and track payments.
– Perform audits on Main Extension Advance Contracts and reconcile contract sub-ledger to General Ledger on a monthly basis.
– Collaborate with business system analyst to resolve data integrity and reporting issues within the contract module.
– Evaluate the JDE Contract setup for Main Extension Contracts and provide recommendations for improvement.
– Conduct financial analysis and reconciliation for various general ledger accounts on a monthly and quarterly basis.
– Prepare monthly roll forward schedules.
– Assist in the preparation of government surveys and reports, such as FERC and CPUC, on a quarterly and annual basis.
– Support other departments within the company with research and data requests.
– Monitor projects with engineers to ensure timely closure and recording of work orders in utility plant records.
– Maintain ASUS Fixed Asset accounting, including asset set-ups, transfers, depreciation, and subledger to GL reconciliation.
– Review completeness and accuracy of job closing package information and perform cost and budget analysis for projects.
– Interpret engineering drawings to identify installed and retired facilities.
– Prepare detailed cost summaries for work orders to be closed.
– Develop and process journal entries for the closing and recording of work order additions and retirements in utility plant records.
– Generate final cost statements for completed and closed new business jobs.
– Handle special projects, account analysis reports, and other assigned analysis tasks.
– Create various Power Plant queries, such as 106 and 101, as assigned.
– Ensure CIAC assets are created accurately and comply with Power Plant procedures for cost of removal.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
– Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or a related discipline.
– Two to Five years of progressively responsible accounting experience, preferably in fixed assets/property accounting.
– Proficiency in using JD Edwards Enterprise One contract module.
– Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.