Title: VP Accounting and Finance
Industry: Home Infusion Therapy
Location: South Bay
Overview: Pacific Executive Search has been engaged on a search for a VP Accounting and Finance in the South Bay area within the Healthcare industry. This role offers the opportunity to lead and direct all aspects of accounting and finance operations, including financial planning, reporting, and tax. The candidate will have the chance to work for a nationally recognized company that is committed to positive clinical outcomes and excellence in specialty therapies, providing comprehensive support to patients and healthcare practitioners.
– Develop and execute strategies for all accounting and finance functions, including financial planning, operations, reporting, and tax.
– Coordinate financial reporting for all lines of business, analyzing adherence to financial plans.
– Enhance departments by implementing a strategic vision and promoting a metrics-based culture.
– Collaborate with SVP of Reimbursement to address issues affecting overall performance.
– Monitor efficiency in accounting, reporting, revenue recognition, and receivable management.
– Oversee daily accounting functions, including general ledger, accounts payable, and financial reporting.
– Provide technical accounting guidance and support to all company entities.
– Manage the accounting and finance department, interacting with all levels of management.
– Analyze financial information and prepare accurate and timely financial statements.
– Manage year-end audit and communicate with external auditors.
– Ensure effective internal controls and resolve accounting discrepancies.
– Conduct month-end closing and reporting activities.
– Analyze financial data and provide strategic recommendations for improved fiscal viability.
– Supervise budgeting/forecasting and variance analyses.
– Oversee completion of tax reporting requirements and other regulatory filings.
– Implement and monitor accounting control procedures.
– Develop models to assess accounts receivable and credit balance liability.
– Analyze financial information to identify resource and procedural improvements.
– Maintain confidentiality in patient, personnel, and company records.
– Complete assigned duties and projects.
– Strong organizational and cross-functional skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
– Ability to leverage technology solutions for employee development and process improvement.
– Effective communication skills with employees, management, auditors, and vendors.
– Ability to build relationships and understand financial performance drivers.
– Problem analysis, judgment, and problem-solving abilities.
– Experience directing accounting and finance functions.
– Excellent technical knowledge of accounting and strong analytical skills.
– Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Access.
– Timely and accurate completion of projects.
– Bachelor's degree in accounting and/or CPA required.
– Advanced knowledge of GAAP required.
– Minimum 7 years of experience in healthcare accounting management or home care operations.
– Minimum 3 years of public accounting experience in healthcare audit preferred.
– Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations and maximizes productivity and positive employee relations.
– Exhibits a positive attitude towards the organization, job, and others.
– Shows concern and respect for others in a compassionate and responsive manner.
– Promotes change and suggests new ways of doing things.
– Respects the confidentiality of others.
– Complies with company policies, including employee handbook, quality improvement, and safety guidelines.